Perfect for the Winter time.Print
Peppermint Bark, perfect for Winter time.
- 1 pound dark chocolate
- 1 pound white chocolate
- 30 small candy canes
- First, I put dark chocolate in a microwave bowl and then heated it up on high in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Next, I stirred the chocolate about every 30 seconds to make sure lumps are melting.
- Then, I put white chocolate in microwave bowl and then I heated it up like I did the dark chocolate.
- Next, I put the candy canes in a large freezer bag. Using a rolling-pin I broke the candy canes into different sized pieces.
- Then, I placed half the crushed candy canes in a strainer and shook the small crumbs into the dark chocolate.
- Next, I placed the remaining crushed candy into the strainer and shook those crumbs into the white chocolate.
- Then, I lined a 9X13 baking pan with heavy aluminum foil. I used my Pyrex baking dish.
- Next, I spread the dark chocolate out into the bottom of the pan.
- Then, I spread the white chocolate over the dark chocolate in the pan.
- Next, I sprinkled the rest of the crushed candy canes over the top.
- Then, I covered and refrigerate it for about 2 hours.
- Last, when its hardened break up pieces of candy by dropping straight down on the counter.
- This delicious recipe is just in time for the Holidays!