Finding the perfect gift for the woman in your life may seem challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. The old adage it’s the thought that counts really is true. Many women just want you to show them that you care; that you put forth the effort to think about what they might like instead of picking up something from the closest mini-mart.
Here are a few gift ideas to let the woman in your life know how truly special she is.
1. Sweet treats – Tickle her taste buds with a sweet confection from her favorite local candy shop. You will be supporting a local business, and surprising that special someone with decadent, delicious treats.
2. A relaxing day at a spa – A spa day (Groupon has awesome deals on spa related gifts) is sure to please, and will give her some much-needed time to de-stress and revive. If you're on a budget, try creating your own spa at home with a basket filled with of all of her favorite bath products. Add some candles for ambience and you have created a lovely oasis where your special lady can escape. If you’d like, you can add a special occasion gift or a personal massage from you to make her feel extra pampered.
3. Handmade jewelry – If she loves jewelry, surprise her with something unique. Etsy.com is brimming with shops filled with fabulous designs your special lady will treasure.
4. Technology – If your love is a tech geek (which I am!), you can’t go wrong with a tech toy. There are so many electronic devices, gizmos, and gadgets to choose from, you’re sure to find just what she’s been looking for. How about an iPhone, a tablet PC or a new flat panel TV? Whatever your choice, your gadget-minded gal is certain to love it.
5. Books – Surprise your little bookworm with a new book. Whether it’s Wuthering Heights, Fifty Shades of Grey (movie will be coming out February 13th,2015), Gone Girl (this was a really weird movie), One Thousand Gifts or even Frankenstein, there are many wonderful books to choose from. For an even bigger surprise, present her with a leather-bound book. Perhaps H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction, The Complete Tales And Poems Of Edgar Alan Poe, A Tale Of Two Cities, or Great Expectations.
6. Wine – Who doesn't love a nice bottle of wine? If you’re unsure of what kind to get, ask your Wine & Spirits shop owner. They are usually knowledgeable on the subject and can help you make a selection that is sure to wow your lady.
7. The gift of flowers – Flowers make a lovely gift and if your significant other has a green thumb, you might want to shop around for a plant; perhaps something exotic. Plants brighten up a room, produce oxygen and continue to give happiness long after the special occasion. If you don't know her favorite flower, I would find out now before it gets too close to that special day, because then she will suspect why you're asking! I believe a good safe flower would be the rose or tulip.
8. Sporting goods or something a little different – If your girl is a sports fan, gift her with something from her favorite team. Jerseys and blankets (A good place I've found sports related things are Kmart or check your local mall, they might have a sports store in there, if that doesn't turn up any results, online retailers are a good last resort i.e. Amazon) are always loved. Or go for something like a cell phone case, bobble-head doll, lawn gnome, piggy bank or a collectible.
9. A memory book – All you’ll need is a notebook from your local craft or stationery store. Fill up the pages with photos, ticket stubs or receipts from your outings, and add a note about your memories of the events and a few decorations.
10. A drawing or painting – You don’t have to be a talented artist to draw or paint her a picture. You might draw a representation of the two of you, her favorite pet, landscape, or sunset. It doesn’t have to be perfect; it just has to be from the heart.
Gifts don’t have to be expensive and choosing them shouldn’t be hard. Just look into yourself and think about what makes the woman in your life special and then find a gift that you know she will enjoy.
If all else fails, go back to #3.
If you can think of other ideas, post them in the comments section.
Join Our Community!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.